Eligibility Requirements for 2012-2013
- Income eligible according to Federal Government Guidelines
- Child was born between 11/01/2007 – 11/01/2009.
- Resident of San Francisco
- Updated immunizations and TB clearance
Children are selected according to the Kai Ming Head Start Selection Criteria for 2012-2013.
When submitting an application please include the following:
- A copy of two or more of your current proof of income for all adult family members in the household. Income proof can be copies of your two most recent paychecks (if paid weekly please submit four), unemployment stubs, recent tax return, government assistance letter, or employer’s verification (on letterhead).
- Proof of your child’s age (must be three or four by December 2nd).
- Proof of residency in San Francisco includes a copy of electric or phone bill etc. If you are a newcomer (within 6 months), a copy of your passport showing recent arrival is ok. If you do not have proof of income or residency, please call us for other forms of proof.
Please inform us of any changes that occur in your family that may affect your application status (ie change in income, births of children, disabilities, etc.)
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the main office 415-982-4777. You will be notified of your acceptance or if additional information is needed. Further notice may not be given if families are not eligible based on income, age or residency.
Kai Ming Head Start enrolls eligible families regardless of race, color, religion and/or disabilities.